Saturday 24 April 2010

Friends spoons



 I have been busy claying with friends today. I helped a friend and her children (aged 4 and 6) to make some spoons as a present for her mother. Here are the spoons the children made - pretty cool! I am sure their Granny will love them!










In the evening a friend popped round but I already had my mind set on making some faux turquoise so she made herself a spoon too (I had made one for her boyfriends birthday and she felt she needed her own special spoon too - her birthday is New Year's Eve so a way off!). It's very groovy! The rose on the end was inspired by a spoon my 4 year old daughter made a while back which had a rose on the end too.

It has been really nice claying with my friends and I have realised you can learn a lot by watching what other people do even if they are fairly new to polymer clay!

I am off to finish of my faux turquoise and I shall  post some pictures later I hope. It's lovely and sunny here but I am suffering with my hayfever today :(
Hope you are all having a lovely weekend.

Cara

2 comments:

  1. such fun! I'd love to use a spoon so colorful and playful.

    One of the reasons I love to take classes is to learn from the other people taking it too. There's such positive energy flowing around the room when people get together to create.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be really interested to see how your faux turquoise works out as I really want to try it. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete