Thursday 1 April 2010

Flower pendant

I have been meaning to make some texture plates for a while (I don't have any) but got a bit distracted and ended up making a flower stamp instead.


I carved the one on the right (and baked it) and the one on the left is an impression taken from it which has been trimmed. They are both made in scrap clay.

I then got out the Fimo Silver Powder I bought a few years ago but still hadn't used. I covered the flower with it and used some Fimo Deko Gel mixed with some alcohol ink to fill the surface. It needed varnishing to protect the silver powder and at that time I only had the Fimo varnish. I wasn't very happy with the finish and that prompted the search for the 'Future' equivalent.


It was also one of the first times I had used the Deko Gel and the alcohol inks are a new addition (bought for the glow in the dark jelly roll cane) so all in all this was a lot of new stuff for me. It's in my box ready to be given a lease of life....


2 comments:

  1. I was just thinking this morning of trying to make some moulds. We're buzzing along the same lines here. I like the idea of the silver powder. Do you have to varnish it then?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your flower...I guess this was a week for working with alcohol inks!

    ReplyDelete