Monday 22 March 2010

Silver flower prototype

A while ago I saw instructions to make a  necklace in a jewellery magazine that I loved. I thought wow I am going to make one of those. I set of to the computer to buy the beads listed and realised that the price of the components was over £60! Now I have never spent that much on a piece of jewellery before and didn't intend to start spending that now either. I realised that the most expensive part was the silver flower focal bead because it was Thai Hilltribe Silver and cost £35, so over half the cost.

This was the thing that made me finally get round to buying the tools for Polymer Metal Clay that I had been thinking about for a while. I shall make one myself! (I always say that and how often does it ever get finished?). I have used PMC before in a workshop and I bought myself a book too so I should be OK. Needless to say I haven't quite got round to trying it yet but I have made a silver fimo prototype. I wanted to check out how I was going to construct it before I started playing with the expensive, and quick to dry out silver clay.

Here is my fimo version.
Well now it's out here in blogland perhaps I will get round to trying it....

No comments:

Post a Comment